How does it feel when you just put your foot forward in the blogging world?
I still remember the day when I stepped in the world of blogging.
Will I get the desired level of audience for my blog?
How will I promote my product/services/increase subscriber base with my blog?
If you are going through this phase, you are not alone.
Even successful bloggers had butterflies in their stomach in the beginning phase.
It is really difficult to motivate yourself during these crucial times:
- You are writing lots of articles for promoting your business. But, you are not getting the desired response of your efforts.
Are you writing for ‘YOUR’ audience or any random audience?
- You are landing your guest posts on authoritative sites. But, you are not able to convert the new visitors into subscribers or clients.
Are you writing your guest post for the sake of generating links or for generating value?
- You are amazed by the awesome suggestions by the readers on some sites. But, you are getting puzzled by low interaction rate on your site.
Are you writing something which is worth discussing?
There are many questions regarding low traffic on your website. You can find the perfect solution by following the following points.
How To Start a Blog with No Audience: Five Strategies for building a Digital Army
Define your Niche: Know Your Strong Areas
The blogging world is very interesting. There are so many ways to earn money. For a beginner, it looks like an ocean of opportunities. It’s a human psychology to attract with the numbers.
Check out some examples:
How I earned $110,240 From my Blog in First Year?
My August Income Report: $34,500
How we doubled our Email Subscribers to 50,000 in 6 months?
How do you react after reading these mouth watering headlines?
These are very tempting headlines, isn’t? You click on one of these headlines. After reading the whole post, you feel like on the top of the world. The mind-boggling numbers creates a spark of interest within you.
The sad thing: The passion doesn’t last for a long period of time.
Here is the reason why?
You dream of making the same type of blog without considering the following factors of successful bloggers:
Do you know the amount of effort behind this big achievement?
Can you imagine the sleepless nights of the blogger?
Can you feel the same pain and struggle?
My simple definition of Successful Blogger:
The one who follows his/her passion without getting trapped in the number game.
Four basic questions to ask before targeting your niche:
What would you do even if you don’t get paid for it initially?
Are you comfortable doing that work?
What do people often ask you for your advice?
Where do you love to spend most of your time?
After getting the perfect answer, work on sharpening your skills by:
- Staying updated with the latest news in your niche.
- Subscribing the newsletters of the best bloggers in your niche.
- Reading books on the related topics.
In short, you need to fuel your dreams by learning more and more.
Networking Through Blog Commenting: Potty Training Example
Are you involved in framing the robotic connections with the other bloggers?
Meaning of Robotic Connection:
- Without reading the post properly, saying ‘Awesome Content with lots of information’, ‘I couldn’t agree more’ or ‘I am going to bookmark this post for future purpose’ in the comments section.
- Some comment plugins (like CommentLuv) allow the links of the latest post with the comments. The bloggers, who love robotic connection, fill the irrelevant details in the comments section to get the backlinks.
- In the website column, bloggers don’t put the name of the site. They simply put the link of the post without adding any valuable comments. Their main purpose is to get more clicks on their targeted post. In reality, they get nothing in return.
Adrienne Smith, The Engagement Superstar, talks about a simple strategy to get targeted traffic through blog commenting with the help of stinky example 😉
Whenever you are thinking of targeting a blog in your niche, type ‘Your keyword’ + Blog in the Google search bar.
Commenting on related forums
Forums are the one of the cool ways to connect with your target audience. Most bloggers overlook the importance of forums in the traffic generation. Always aim at providing value to the readers.
In forums, you get the chance to spend time with the people of the same niche.
Apart from making friendships, you get some potential partners in link building. Never start your journey by sticking to the promotion strategy in the mind. Firstly, feel the vibes of the whole community. Slowly and gradually, promote yourself smartly.
How to Search for the related forums?
Your Keyword + Powered by Vbulletin
Five Important Things to Keep in Mind:
- Focus on providing value to the readers. Don’t show off in the beginning. Nobody gives a damn about your product or your blog links.
- Start your own thread for generating a good amount of traffic on your blog. You may add value by participating in the previous threads. In that case, aim for the highly discussed threads. If the people are subscribed to the thread, they will receive the notification of your comments.
- You won’t get great results by starting a thread only. Stay subscribed to the thread. When someone comments on your thread, you must be ready with logical answers.
- Have a right balance of self-promotion and other’s promotion. Your home feed should not be bombarded with ‘Only Me’ posts. Always post things for helping readers. You can add the links of the latest blog post and website in the signature section.
- Always add your picture in the profile section. Add clear information about yourself. People must know who they’re communicating with. Be yourself and use a suitable username for your profile (not any random name)
Grab the Power of Q&A Sites
Do you know the best thing about Q&A Sites?
Most of the people visit Q&A sites for clearing their doubts. By solving their problems or discussing their queries only, you have a wonderful chance to develop a trustworthy relationship.
Apart from solving problems, you get the chance to clarify your doubts and interact with different people of similar interest.
Two Best Q&A Sites for Tapping your Target Audience:
Quora is a wonderful platform to show your expertise by sharing knowledge with the huge audience. It allows you to follow people, topics, and questions of your choice. It covers a wide variety of topics.
Let us look at these two screenshots from’Entrepreneurship’ topic:
The registration process is very easy. You have the option of logging in with your google, twitter, facebook, or email account.
Yahoo Answers is the ocean of questions and answers from various categories. After Quora, it is the second best platform to gain authority in your market.
Include a friendly photo of yourself and provide enough skill set to generate a level of trust with the people. You can also put a link to your blog or website. By providing value, you can convert your readers into customers easily.
Guest blogging: Best Way to Get Highly Targeted Traffic
Are you still rubbing your eyes in disbelief?
Let me tell the secret behind his elephant growth ( Shhh… Don’t tell this to anyone)
He formed the solid business base by following a guest blogging strategy.
You heard it right.
He launched his business by turning into a writing machine. He wrote over 150 posts in the space of over 9 months.
Ya, he is human with normal capabilities. No need of creating a doubt in your mind 😉
If he has done it, you can also kick start your business by following a guest blogging strategy.
Guest Blogging is a great way to establish your identity in the market. By providing a pillar content, you can attract the readers on your site for a longgg time.
With the help of a single guest post, you achieve three things:
- Even successful bloggers are looking out for great content. When you provide an apt post for their audience, you have a great chance to build a strong connection.
- In the beginning, it is not possible to generate high traffic on your website. By landing a guest post on authoritative sites, you get highly targeted traffic on your site.
Remember one thing:
10 Targeted readers are always better than the 100 Readers.
- You get the golden chance to interact with the audience of an already established community. Interact with them. Understand their suggestions. Analyze their opinions. Solve their problems.
The ball is in Your Court
You have to make the decision:
Watch the tremendous growth of blogs.
Join the Successful Club.
Now, you know about the process of attracting the visitors on your site. Share your skills with the whole world. Don’t underestimate the power of blogging.
Whatever you do, follow the whole process religiously. Don’t leave anything in middle.
Before having any doubt in your mind, keep one thing in mind:
What problems do you face in generating traffic on a new blog?
Do you use any other techniques for attracting the audience on your blog?
If you are getting a healthy traffic on your blog, I’d love to hear your techniques. Share your experiences with everyone.